But in that time, I have been productive, so productive I stopped blogging! I have
- Been following a 10 km running program, and am up to 7km- 8 weeks ago I thought this was impossible
- Been starting up a new business, trying to get my website content written for when I go live.
- Started a new course for work so that I can change the work I do. This will help me transition to my new business.
- Started training for the 50km night walk for Coastrek 2013- I'm team leader for the Tireless Trekkers. Last year I completed the 100km walk (our group came in second!) but I don't want to risk another fractured foot this year, so the 50km trek is what I've chosen to complete.
- Been spring cleaning and decluttering my home to be better organised when I start my new business- its a constant work in progress.
- Been sleeping too much- i.e.Ive done a few hours of cleaning and tidying, surely its time for a nap!
- Woken up multiple times during the night, so of course I deserve a sleep in (after taking children to school)!
- Been studying at 2am in the morning, sometimes til 5am which further interrupts my sleep and gives me another excuse to sleep in later.
- Been less than firm with my lovely puppy and let him sleep
in my room, on my bed, in my bed. This is very very very hard to admit to!!!
- Scheduled in exercise in the morning, put on my exercise gear, then choose to nap instead! Then missed out because I was busy in the afternoon.
- Made excuses not to do my business work.
I obviously need a plan. To change a habit, you need to replace it with a good or better habit. So my habit of sleeping erratically is going to be replaced with going to bed at a reasonable time and getting up between 6am and 7am and not going back to bed. Procrastinating may be replaced by a timetable of activities or deadlines or daily to-do lists. I do have some bigger ideas of what I need to do, but they will need a little more work.
But for today, I am up early, at work and taking the first step to changing some bad habits!